INTRODUCING INVESTMENT GUIDELINES FOR COMMERCIAL-INDUSTRIAL ROOFTOP SOLAR IN VIET NAM
Objective and Scope of the Investment Guidelines
The Objective of these Guidelines is to provide factual, practical and up-to-date information to stakeholders interested in developing and/or investing in a Rooftop Solar (RTS) System in Commercial Buildings or Industrial Facilities.
The Guidelines cover technical and administrative issues relevant to both grid-connected systems and systems for self-consumption and provide:
- Important information about the RTS market development in Viet Nam, as well as key policy and legal processes and documents.
- Guidance on how to choose the most appropriate business model.
- A step-by-step breakdown of the most critical steps of RTS Project Development Process, as well as tools to facilitate the process.
- Practical tips based on the experience of companies in Viet Nam that have developed RTS projects in the past.
The Guidelines mainly target Commercial and Industrial Facility Owners that have an interest in installing an RTS system on their premises and would like to get reliable and up-to-date information on the most important steps of the process.
The Target Readers also include:
- Project Developers
- EPC Contractors
- Solar Service Companies
- Investors interested in RTS projects
Structure of the Investment Guidelines
Chapter 1 provides a description of the objective and scope of the Investment Guidelines, as well as an overview of how they are structured.
Chapter 2 provides a description of the context of the RTS market in Viet Nam. It gives an overview of how the government policy for RTS has developed over the last years and makes reference to key policies and regulations governing the market. Furthermore, it provides an overview of RTS potential, key developments in the RTS market and the overall status of RTS project development in Viet Nam. Finally, the RTS Project implemented by Syntegra and Cat Tuong is presented as a case study of a successful RTS project in Viet Nam with hands-on experience being reflected throughout these guidelines, e.g. in a number of practical insight boxes.
Chapter 3 is the core of the Investment Guidelines. This Chapter provides a comprehensive overview of all relevant steps and processes that need to be completed to successfully implement an RTS project. These are organised along the traditional project development phases (see Figures 6). However, although this document is structured in stages and steps, RTS project development should not be seen as a fully linear process consisting of consecutive steps. Stages and steps are often intertwined, and interdependent and sub-steps should be conducted, as much as possible, in parallel to optimise time and resources.
The Guidelines also contain the following three types of special elements:
- Practical Insight Boxes – these green boxes complement the facts described in each subchapter with practical insights and tips from companies that have undertaken an RTS project in Viet Nam and have made important experiences and lessons learned that can be shared.
- Checklists – the document provides several checklists to help the user of these Guidelines in making sure that critical elements have been properly taken into account throughout the project development process.
- Key References –key references are incorporated in the text as hyperlinks “Reference”. In the digital version of this document, the reference can be accessed by clicking on the hyperlink. For the print version, the quoted references and relevant details, such as the full links, can be found in Chapter 4.
Chapter 4 provides full details of key references that can be used by the reader throughout the project development process. These include online links to key policy documents, templates, and other useful references.
All documents in EN: http://vepg.vn/resources/rts-investment-guidelines/
All documents in VN: http://vepg.vn/rts-investment-guidelines-vn/
While to the maximum extent possible the authors of these Guidelines have attempted to provide legally correct information, the document or its authors and publishers cannot be held legally responsible for its full accuracy. This report is for information purposes only, and the users appreciate that regulations, legislations or procedures do change, and may be subject to interpretation, and different application. Do not rely on the information in this document as an alternative to legal, technical, financial, and/or taxation advice. The authors or publishers will therefore not be held liable regarding any business losses, including without limitation loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, production, anticipated savings, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. Anybody using these Guidelines is highly encouraged to provide feedback to GIZ on any legal or regulatory changes they may be aware of, as well as the application and interpretation of them. Feedback on the general usefulness of this document is also much appreciated, in order to improve future versions.